Book sale, poetry and summer reading challenge at library
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Friends of Southwold Library (FoSL) will be holding a big book sale this weekend.
The sale, which is being held at the Scout Hall at Mights Road in Southwold, takes place between 10am and 3pm on Saturday, July 21.
Visitors will able to view a 'massive selection' of donated books and for the cost of £3 you can fill a bag with all funds going towards Southwold Library.
Also this Saturday, July 21, Beano-themed Summer reading fun for children of all ages will launch at Southwold Library. The Mischief Makers summer reading challenge will run at Southwold Library on North Green between July 21 and September 4.
A library spokesman said: 'Read or have six books read to you, collect prizes and when you finish get a medal and certificate!'
You may also want to watch:
Next Wednesday, July 25 the Blyth Poets poetry group will meet at Southwold library between 7.30pm and 9pm, with all welcome to read or just listen.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend