Bowls deal delight
HOPTON'S status as the home of indoor bowls was sealed this week with the signing of a major sponsorship deal.Potters Holidays announced that it was extending its sponsorship of the World Indoor Bowls Championships, with a new two-year deal and an option for a further three years which could to a potential commitment of more than �1 million over the next five years.
HOPTON'S status as the home of indoor bowls was sealed this week with the signing of a major sponsorship deal.
Potters Holidays announced that it was extending its sponsorship of the World Indoor Bowls Championships, with a new two-year deal and an option for a further three years which could to a potential commitment of more than �1 million over the next five years.
The new deal maintains the successful association between Potters and the championship's organisers, which began 12 years ago in 1998.
The 2011 Potters Holidays World Indoor Championships will take place for the 13th successive year at the Potters Leisure Resort from January 7 to 23.
You may also want to watch:
The internationally-renowned festival will again feature four events - the World Indoor Pairs Championship, the Ladies World Matchplay Championship, the Mixed Pairs World Matchplay Championship and the flagship World Indoor Singles Championship - with live BBC TV coverage for seven days as players from all over the world battle it out for the titles.
"The association between the Potter family and the sport of Bowls stretches back many years and we are therefore very proud to confirm our further �1m+ sponsorship commitment over the next five years to support this, the premier World event in Bowls," explained Potters Holidays Managing Director John Potter.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
"By this autumn, we will also have invested further in our bowls facilities at Potters with new and unique state-of-the-art electronic scoring systems and a complete re-modelling of the indoor rinks to match the colour of the famous electric blue carpet televised during the World Bowls.'
WBT Director Richard Maddieson added: 'The World Bowls Tour is delighted that Potters Leisure Resort has committed itself yet again to keeping bowls on television with this record agreement for the prestigious World Championships for the next five years.
'Together with the further news of the re-modelling of their indoor rinks and future investment in facilities for all bowlers at Potters Leisure, this shows the dedication that the Potter family and Potters Leisure Resort has given to bowls over the years - this truly makes Potters Leisure Resort the Home of Bowls from the grass roots through to the professional game.'