Boy, 16, held in Lowestoft arsons probe
A THIRD teenage boy has been arrested by police following a spate of arson attacks in Lowestoft.
The Journal reported last week how a second teenager had been arrested after police and firefighters were called overnight on Thursday and Friday, October 7-8, as mopeds and bins were set alight in fires in Lymm Road, Stoven Close, Montgomery Avenue, Bourne Road, Peddars Way, Malvern Rise, Yarmouth Road with lit paper pushed into a shop window in Oulton Road.
A 16-year-old boy from the town was arrested on Saturday, October 23 as police continue enquiries into the spate of fires.
The teenager has now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on November 25 – the day after another 16-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy also arrested in connection with the incidents - are due to return to police.
If you have any information about the incidents please call DC 948 Rogers at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 7 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 8 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 9 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 10 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches