Boy, 16, held in Lowestoft arsons probe
A THIRD teenage boy has been arrested by police following a spate of arson attacks in Lowestoft.
The Journal reported last week how a second teenager had been arrested after police and firefighters were called overnight on Thursday and Friday, October 7-8, as mopeds and bins were set alight in fires in Lymm Road, Stoven Close, Montgomery Avenue, Bourne Road, Peddars Way, Malvern Rise, Yarmouth Road with lit paper pushed into a shop window in Oulton Road.
A 16-year-old boy from the town was arrested on Saturday, October 23 as police continue enquiries into the spate of fires.
The teenager has now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on November 25 – the day after another 16-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy also arrested in connection with the incidents - are due to return to police.
If you have any information about the incidents please call DC 948 Rogers at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 2 Police seek help to identify man after wallet theft
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 6 Street to be decorated with Christmas decorations for Children's charity
- 7 Crackdown on second home owners exploiting tax loophole on coast
- 8 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores