Boy, 16, held in Lowestoft arsons probe
A THIRD teenage boy has been arrested by police following a spate of arson attacks in Lowestoft.
The Journal reported last week how a second teenager had been arrested after police and firefighters were called overnight on Thursday and Friday, October 7-8, as mopeds and bins were set alight in fires in Lymm Road, Stoven Close, Montgomery Avenue, Bourne Road, Peddars Way, Malvern Rise, Yarmouth Road with lit paper pushed into a shop window in Oulton Road.
A 16-year-old boy from the town was arrested on Saturday, October 23 as police continue enquiries into the spate of fires.
The teenager has now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on November 25 – the day after another 16-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy also arrested in connection with the incidents - are due to return to police.
If you have any information about the incidents please call DC 948 Rogers at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary