Traditional plough day to return as funds are raised for the MAGPAS Air Ambulance and Cystic Fibrosis
- Credit: Archant
A popular agricultural fun day will return for the 28th year next month.
Brampton Plough Day is expected to attract hundreds of people once more for the annual event at Manor Farm in Brampton near Beccles on Sunday, September 2 from 10am.
The charities chosen to benefit this year are the MAGPAS Air Ambulance and Cystic Fibrosis, and the committee is hoping to match the 2017 total which raised £4,000 for Autism Anglia and Parkinsons UK.
In addition to the normal ploughing competition, attractions will include heavy horse demonstrations, steam threshing, classic cars, a dog show organised by the Wangford Veterinary Clinic and the Lowestoft Dog Agility Display Team.
Entertainment will be provided throughout the day by Tosh, the Lowestoft Signing Choir, the Beccles Ukulele Group and Punch and Judy shows.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £5 with entry free for children under 14.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 10 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response