Traditional plough day to return as funds are raised for the MAGPAS Air Ambulance and Cystic Fibrosis
- Credit: Archant
A popular agricultural fun day will return for the 28th year next month.
Brampton Plough Day is expected to attract hundreds of people once more for the annual event at Manor Farm in Brampton near Beccles on Sunday, September 2 from 10am.
The charities chosen to benefit this year are the MAGPAS Air Ambulance and Cystic Fibrosis, and the committee is hoping to match the 2017 total which raised £4,000 for Autism Anglia and Parkinsons UK.
In addition to the normal ploughing competition, attractions will include heavy horse demonstrations, steam threshing, classic cars, a dog show organised by the Wangford Veterinary Clinic and the Lowestoft Dog Agility Display Team.
Entertainment will be provided throughout the day by Tosh, the Lowestoft Signing Choir, the Beccles Ukulele Group and Punch and Judy shows.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £5 with entry free for children under 14.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street