Brave bears set to take the plunge at popular church’s annual fete
- Credit: Archant
Fun for all the family is guaranteed as a popular church fete is held next weekend.
The annual Summer fete at All Saints' and St Margaret's Church in Pakefield will be held between 2pm and 4pm next Saturday, July 1.
The event will raise much needed funds to repair the thatched roof on the clifftop church. With free admission, people are being encouraged to bring along their teddy bears – or any soft toy – to parachute down from the church tower.
And if conditions are too windy on the day, the brave bears can use the zip wire!
As usual there will be numerous stalls, including a china smashing stall, bottle stall, cake stall, side shows, a raffle, bric-a-brac, gift stall, a bouncy castle as well as delicious cakes and refreshments on sale.
You may also want to watch:
Are you holding a community fundraising event? Email email@example.com or call 01502 525820.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted