Breathtaking picture of battleship silhouetted by sunset wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful picture silhouetting the HMS Warrior against a gorgeous sunset at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard was taken by 68-year-old George Tills.
Mr Tills, from Oulton Broad, used his Samsung S7 to capture the moment.
He said: 'My wife and I went down to Portsmouth for a three or four day break.
'We had just finished a three hour tour of the majestic ship and the sky looked lovely in the late afternoon.
He added: 'The phone does take good photographs and my wife told me to enter.
You may also want to watch:
'This is the first time I have entered the competition so I am very pleased to have won.'
As our winner, Mr Tills receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 5 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 6 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com