Brian Conley to perform in Lowestoft
HE has been hailed as one of Britain's best loved entertainers.And later this year comedian, actor, singer and chat show host Brian Conley is set to appear on stage in Lowestoft, The Journal can today reveal.
HE has been hailed as one of Britain's best loved entertainers.
And later this year comedian, actor, singer and chat show host Brian Conley is set to appear on stage in Lowestoft, The Journal can today reveal.
Currently playing Edna Turnblad in the musical Hairspray, funny man Conley will return to the stage this autumn when he embarks on his latest UK tour, which is to call at the town's Marina Theatre on September 18 .
Showcasing the best sketches from his television series The Brian Conley Show with a full supporting cast, 'The Best of Brian Conley' will be a complete entertainment spectacle as some of his best loved characters hit the stage.
You may also want to watch:
Combining comedy, dancing and singing the show allows Brian to share with his audience his roots in theatre, with special guests including dare-devil Dangerous Brian, Larry the Loafer, Nick Frisbee and the legendary Al Jolson all set to make an appearance.
In a career that has spanned more than 20 years, Brian has had numerous shows on ITV including The Brian Conley Show and The Grimley's, which achieved audiences in excess of 12 million.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
'This brand new UK tour will have all corners of the country laughing and promises to be a great show for all the family!' a spokesman for Conley said.
Tickets to see Brian Conley live on stage in Lowestoft are now available from the Marina Theatre box office on 01502 533200.