Bridge causes more delays in Lowestoft
Traffic problems once again hit Lowestoft this morning as the town's bascule bridge was raised to let a ship through.Cars were queued back from both sides of the bridge when it was raised at around 8.15am.
TRAFFIC problems once again hit Lowestoft this morning> as the town's bascule bridge was raised to let a ship through.
Cars were queued back from both sides of the bridge as it was raised at around 8.15am, and by 9am drivers in the town were still feeling the effects. Those travelling into Lowestoft were queued back along the Tom Crisp Way relief road as the morning rush hour was turned into a slow crawl.
It is the second time in less than a week that morning traffic has been affected by the bascule bridge.
On Thursday, the town's traffic network once again ground to a halt when the bridge was raised for about 15 minutes at around 8am to let a slow moving ship through.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week