Bridge causes more delays in Lowestoft
Traffic problems once again hit Lowestoft this morning as the town's bascule bridge was raised to let a ship through.Cars were queued back from both sides of the bridge when it was raised at around 8.15am.
TRAFFIC problems once again hit Lowestoft this morning> as the town's bascule bridge was raised to let a ship through.
Cars were queued back from both sides of the bridge as it was raised at around 8.15am, and by 9am drivers in the town were still feeling the effects. Those travelling into Lowestoft were queued back along the Tom Crisp Way relief road as the morning rush hour was turned into a slow crawl.
It is the second time in less than a week that morning traffic has been affected by the bascule bridge.
On Thursday, the town's traffic network once again ground to a halt when the bridge was raised for about 15 minutes at around 8am to let a slow moving ship through.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 3 A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
- 4 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 5 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 8 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk