Bridge causes more delays in Lowestoft
Traffic problems once again hit Lowestoft this morning as the town's bascule bridge was raised to let a ship through.Cars were queued back from both sides of the bridge when it was raised at around 8.15am.
TRAFFIC problems once again hit Lowestoft this morning> as the town's bascule bridge was raised to let a ship through.
Cars were queued back from both sides of the bridge as it was raised at around 8.15am, and by 9am drivers in the town were still feeling the effects. Those travelling into Lowestoft were queued back along the Tom Crisp Way relief road as the morning rush hour was turned into a slow crawl.
It is the second time in less than a week that morning traffic has been affected by the bascule bridge.
On Thursday, the town's traffic network once again ground to a halt when the bridge was raised for about 15 minutes at around 8am to let a slow moving ship through.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 3 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 9 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020