Care home recognised for dedication with national and regional award nominations
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft care home is celebrating after being shortlisted for a host of national regional awards.
Care UK's Britten Court, on Love Road, has been nominated in the Best Garden Space category at the Care Home Awards 2018 and for two Suffolk Care Awards.
The care home is shortlisted in the Culture, Creativity and Activities category as well as the Food and Catering Category
Manager Chloe Swarbrick said: 'We couldn't believe it when we heard we had not only been shortlisted for a national award, but two regional awards as well.
'We are delighted to be considered for the Best Garden Space award - our garden is so special to us and loved by residents, relatives and the care team alike.
You may also want to watch:
'Our memory path is a visual representation of the residents, their children and grandchildren, the nurses and specialists and everyone who helps to make Britten Court the place that it is.'
The Care Home Awards honour those working tirelessly in the long-term care sector to provide consistently outstanding care.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl