Care home recognised for dedication with national and regional award nominations
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft care home is celebrating after being shortlisted for a host of national regional awards.
Care UK's Britten Court, on Love Road, has been nominated in the Best Garden Space category at the Care Home Awards 2018 and for two Suffolk Care Awards.
The care home is shortlisted in the Culture, Creativity and Activities category as well as the Food and Catering Category
Manager Chloe Swarbrick said: 'We couldn't believe it when we heard we had not only been shortlisted for a national award, but two regional awards as well.
'We are delighted to be considered for the Best Garden Space award - our garden is so special to us and loved by residents, relatives and the care team alike.
You may also want to watch:
'Our memory path is a visual representation of the residents, their children and grandchildren, the nurses and specialists and everyone who helps to make Britten Court the place that it is.'
The Care Home Awards honour those working tirelessly in the long-term care sector to provide consistently outstanding care.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted