Care home recognised for dedication with national and regional award nominations
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft care home is celebrating after being shortlisted for a host of national regional awards.
Care UK's Britten Court, on Love Road, has been nominated in the Best Garden Space category at the Care Home Awards 2018 and for two Suffolk Care Awards.
The care home is shortlisted in the Culture, Creativity and Activities category as well as the Food and Catering Category
Manager Chloe Swarbrick said: 'We couldn't believe it when we heard we had not only been shortlisted for a national award, but two regional awards as well.
'We are delighted to be considered for the Best Garden Space award - our garden is so special to us and loved by residents, relatives and the care team alike.
You may also want to watch:
'Our memory path is a visual representation of the residents, their children and grandchildren, the nurses and specialists and everyone who helps to make Britten Court the place that it is.'
The Care Home Awards honour those working tirelessly in the long-term care sector to provide consistently outstanding care.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree