Bungay’s Fisher Theatre welcomes ‘The Four Men’
- Credit: Archant
A newly adapted play chronicling an Edwardian Halloween odyssey will be staged in Bungay.
'The Four Men' will be appearing at The Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, on Friday, October 27, at 7.30pm.
The play, based on Hilarie Belloc's book of the same name, follows Belloc and three companions as they journey from east to west.
During their four day adventure they travel 92 miles, drink 300 pints of beer, quarrel, laugh and sing as they recount legends of the Downs and first loves.
Nick Young, director, said: 'The production is a cross between Larkrise to Candleford and Three Men in a Boat.
You may also want to watch:
'It celebrates a world in part gone but from which the sights and sounds remain.
'The play is perfect for anyone who loves the great outdoors and the beauty of the English language.'
Tickets cost £15 and are available by calling the Box office on 01986 897130 or visiting: www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?