Bungay’s Fisher Theatre welcomes ‘The Four Men’
- Credit: Archant
A newly adapted play chronicling an Edwardian Halloween odyssey will be staged in Bungay.
'The Four Men' will be appearing at The Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, on Friday, October 27, at 7.30pm.
The play, based on Hilarie Belloc's book of the same name, follows Belloc and three companions as they journey from east to west.
During their four day adventure they travel 92 miles, drink 300 pints of beer, quarrel, laugh and sing as they recount legends of the Downs and first loves.
Nick Young, director, said: 'The production is a cross between Larkrise to Candleford and Three Men in a Boat.
You may also want to watch:
'It celebrates a world in part gone but from which the sights and sounds remain.
'The play is perfect for anyone who loves the great outdoors and the beauty of the English language.'
Tickets cost £15 and are available by calling the Box office on 01986 897130 or visiting: www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 6 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 People warned of dangers of eroding cliffs on Suffolk-Norfolk border beach