Bungay’s Fisher Theatre welcomes ‘The Four Men’
- Credit: Archant
A newly adapted play chronicling an Edwardian Halloween odyssey will be staged in Bungay.
'The Four Men' will be appearing at The Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, on Friday, October 27, at 7.30pm.
The play, based on Hilarie Belloc's book of the same name, follows Belloc and three companions as they journey from east to west.
During their four day adventure they travel 92 miles, drink 300 pints of beer, quarrel, laugh and sing as they recount legends of the Downs and first loves.
Nick Young, director, said: 'The production is a cross between Larkrise to Candleford and Three Men in a Boat.
You may also want to watch:
'It celebrates a world in part gone but from which the sights and sounds remain.
'The play is perfect for anyone who loves the great outdoors and the beauty of the English language.'
Tickets cost £15 and are available by calling the Box office on 01986 897130 or visiting: www.fishertheatre.org
- 1 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 2 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival
- 7 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 8 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 'Can’t burst our bubble' - Primary school marks 'incredible' success