Bunting and hanging baskets bring a splash of colour to Lowestoft town centre
- Credit: Archant
Over the past month, Lowestoft Vision has funded the installation of summer bunting and hanging baskets, which run from Station Square to the High Street, which have brought vibrant colour to our town.
The Business Improvement District, part of Lowestoft and Waveney Chamber of Commerce, has increased its investment in the town by adding new beehive style planters in London Road North, making repairs to existing planter boxes and adding railing planters towards the High Street and St Peters Road. This is in addition to the 129 hanging baskets already in place throughout the town.
In delivering this project, Lowestoft Vision has been working in partnership with Waveney Norse, who will maintain the planters' boxes and hanging baskets through the season.
Darren Newman, Lowestoft Vision BID manager, said: 'One of Vision's objectives is to make Lowestoft more attractive, and we hope our increased investment will continue to attract new and existing shoppers to the town.'
Danny Steel, chairman of Lowestoft Vision, said: 'It's great to see the town looking so bright and summery. The bunting really makes a difference and when the hanging baskets are in full bloom they will look great.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew