Bunting and hanging baskets bring a splash of colour to Lowestoft town centre
- Credit: Archant
Over the past month, Lowestoft Vision has funded the installation of summer bunting and hanging baskets, which run from Station Square to the High Street, which have brought vibrant colour to our town.
The Business Improvement District, part of Lowestoft and Waveney Chamber of Commerce, has increased its investment in the town by adding new beehive style planters in London Road North, making repairs to existing planter boxes and adding railing planters towards the High Street and St Peters Road. This is in addition to the 129 hanging baskets already in place throughout the town.
In delivering this project, Lowestoft Vision has been working in partnership with Waveney Norse, who will maintain the planters' boxes and hanging baskets through the season.
Darren Newman, Lowestoft Vision BID manager, said: 'One of Vision's objectives is to make Lowestoft more attractive, and we hope our increased investment will continue to attract new and existing shoppers to the town.'
Danny Steel, chairman of Lowestoft Vision, said: 'It's great to see the town looking so bright and summery. The bunting really makes a difference and when the hanging baskets are in full bloom they will look great.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft