Burglar’s 20-month prison sentence hailed by police
A BURGLAR who used a garden fork to break into a home in Lowestoft has been jailed for 20 months.
Brendon Cooper, 28, took the fork from an unlocked shed at property in Laxfield Way and used it to force his way inside before stealing items of jewellery.
After being arrested the next day and denying any involvement, he was charged after being linked to the crime by forensic tests.
At Ipswich Crown Court last Friday, Cooper, of Henham Road, Lowestoft, was jailed after pleading guilty to the burglary, which he committed between 11.15am and 3.30pm on Friday, April 15.
After the case, Det Insp Darrell Skuse told The Journal that the sentence was another victory in the ongoing battle to combat house burglaries in Waveney.
You may also want to watch:
'Cooper is one of several offenders that have been active in Lowestoft recently and we are continuing to target those responsible for these offences in order to put them before the courts,' he said. 'We've had a number of successes in recent weeks, with a number of arrests and charges, and we will be continuing patrols and other work to catch them.
He added: 'We'd also continue to ask people to be vigilant... Please call 999 immediately if you see or hear anything suspicious, such as someone loitering near a property or climbing over a wall or fence. Officers will respond as quickly as they can and you may well help prevent further crimes and assist us to catch those responsible.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park