Burglar’s 20-month prison sentence hailed by police
A BURGLAR who used a garden fork to break into a home in Lowestoft has been jailed for 20 months.
Brendon Cooper, 28, took the fork from an unlocked shed at property in Laxfield Way and used it to force his way inside before stealing items of jewellery.
After being arrested the next day and denying any involvement, he was charged after being linked to the crime by forensic tests.
At Ipswich Crown Court last Friday, Cooper, of Henham Road, Lowestoft, was jailed after pleading guilty to the burglary, which he committed between 11.15am and 3.30pm on Friday, April 15.
After the case, Det Insp Darrell Skuse told The Journal that the sentence was another victory in the ongoing battle to combat house burglaries in Waveney.
You may also want to watch:
'Cooper is one of several offenders that have been active in Lowestoft recently and we are continuing to target those responsible for these offences in order to put them before the courts,' he said. 'We've had a number of successes in recent weeks, with a number of arrests and charges, and we will be continuing patrols and other work to catch them.
He added: 'We'd also continue to ask people to be vigilant... Please call 999 immediately if you see or hear anything suspicious, such as someone loitering near a property or climbing over a wall or fence. Officers will respond as quickly as they can and you may well help prevent further crimes and assist us to catch those responsible.'
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 4 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 9 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 10 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd