Burglars flee with cash and jewellery in Lowestoft home raid
CASH and jewellery worth several hundred pounds was stolen from a home in Elm Tree Road, Lowestoft.
Detectives investigating the burglary in Elm Tree Road between 10am on Saturday and 10.50am on Sunday are linking it to another break-in nearby and are appealing for information.
The items of jewellery taken in the first incident included a gold and diamond cluster engagement ring.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the area between Saturday morning and Sunday morning to come forward if they saw anything suspicious.
'We are investigating the possibility that this incident may be linked to another that happened in Elm Tree Road between 10.30pm on Saturday and 3.30am on Sunday, when a black and beige moped was taken from outside a house there,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'The moped was moved and an attempt was made to start it but the vehicle was then abandoned a short distance away.'
l Contact Det Con 1173 Barnes at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes