Burglars flee with cash and jewellery in Lowestoft home raid
CASH and jewellery worth several hundred pounds was stolen from a home in Elm Tree Road, Lowestoft.
Detectives investigating the burglary in Elm Tree Road between 10am on Saturday and 10.50am on Sunday are linking it to another break-in nearby and are appealing for information.
The items of jewellery taken in the first incident included a gold and diamond cluster engagement ring.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the area between Saturday morning and Sunday morning to come forward if they saw anything suspicious.
'We are investigating the possibility that this incident may be linked to another that happened in Elm Tree Road between 10.30pm on Saturday and 3.30am on Sunday, when a black and beige moped was taken from outside a house there,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'The moped was moved and an attempt was made to start it but the vehicle was then abandoned a short distance away.'
l Contact Det Con 1173 Barnes at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary