Burglars flee with substantial jewellery haul in Lowestoft
JEWELLERY, a whisky bottle and jar full of coins were among the items stolen after burglars broke into a home in Lowestoft.
A number of gold rings and a gold wristwatch were among the jewellery haul, as the home at Breydon Way was targeted between 4pm and 11pm on Friday (January 7).
Items included a plain gold band wedding ring with a one diamond ring set in, a gold band eternity ring, an unset round bluish-violet Tanzanite stone, a gold ring set with more than 30 diamonds, another gold ring with a seven diamond cluster and a gold ring set with a square green stone surrounded by small round green stones.
'Police are asking anyone who may have been in the area between these times on Friday to come forward if you remember seeing anything suspicious,' a police spokesman said. 'Officers are also asking shops and businesses to report if anyone comes in trying to exchange a number of coins for notes and are asking anyone who may have been offered jewellery – particularly rings or a watch – to get in touch.'
• Information about the burglary, the thieves or the whereabouts of the items should be directed to DC 703 Quantrill at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 2 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 3 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 4 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 5 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 6 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 7 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 8 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner