Pair appear in court accused of burglary and attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two people have appeared in court charged with burglary and an attempted burglary in Lowestoft.
The first incident took place at a property on Summerfield Gardens, Lowestoft, where they are accused of attempting to break into the property via the conservatory and windows at some point between 12.45pm and 1.45pm on Thursday, June 20.
A second incident was reported to police on the same road on the same day a short time earlier where the rear gate and front door were tried.
Jamie Appleby, 38, of Coppice Court, Britten Road, Lowestoft, and Kelly Buckley, 32, of the same address, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (June 24) charged with the offences.
In addition Appleby is also charged with an offence of failing to provide a drugs test.
You may also want to watch:
Both only spoke to provide their details during the short hearing.
The case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court on July 22.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Both defendants were remanded in custody until the next hearing.