Town centre store confirms closure after months of speculation
- Credit: Archant
A town’s Burton store is to become the latest to leave the high street after months of speculation.
The Lowestoft branch of the menswear store is to close after the expiry of the store’s lease.
Rumours have persisted about the future of the store in the town for more than a year, with the company previously denying the claims when approached by this newspaper.
However, the company have now confirmed the store will close upon the expiry of the lease on their London Road North store, vowing to endeavour to find alternative employment within the Burton’s parent company, the Arcadia group, for members of staff.
The company have not, however, confirmed a date for the closure, and it is not yet known whether the store will reopen with other retail units as part of the latest round of lockdown restrictions easing on June 15.
You may also want to watch:
A sign in the window of the store says: “The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our top priority.
“To do our part in slowing the spread of Covid-19, we have temporarily closed this store until further notice.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 8 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
“We look forward to seeing you again soon. Stay safe.”