Town centre store confirms closure after months of speculation
- Credit: Archant
A town’s Burton store is to become the latest to leave the high street after months of speculation.
The Lowestoft branch of the menswear store is to close after the expiry of the store’s lease.
Rumours have persisted about the future of the store in the town for more than a year, with the company previously denying the claims when approached by this newspaper.
However, the company have now confirmed the store will close upon the expiry of the lease on their London Road North store, vowing to endeavour to find alternative employment within the Burton’s parent company, the Arcadia group, for members of staff.
The company have not, however, confirmed a date for the closure, and it is not yet known whether the store will reopen with other retail units as part of the latest round of lockdown restrictions easing on June 15.
You may also want to watch:
A sign in the window of the store says: “The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our top priority.
“To do our part in slowing the spread of Covid-19, we have temporarily closed this store until further notice.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 4 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 5 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 8 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
“We look forward to seeing you again soon. Stay safe.”