Town centre store confirms closure after months of speculation
- Credit: Archant
A town’s Burton store is to become the latest to leave the high street after months of speculation.
The Lowestoft branch of the menswear store is to close after the expiry of the store’s lease.
Rumours have persisted about the future of the store in the town for more than a year, with the company previously denying the claims when approached by this newspaper.
However, the company have now confirmed the store will close upon the expiry of the lease on their London Road North store, vowing to endeavour to find alternative employment within the Burton’s parent company, the Arcadia group, for members of staff.
The company have not, however, confirmed a date for the closure, and it is not yet known whether the store will reopen with other retail units as part of the latest round of lockdown restrictions easing on June 15.
You may also want to watch:
A sign in the window of the store says: “The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our top priority.
“To do our part in slowing the spread of Covid-19, we have temporarily closed this store until further notice.
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
“We look forward to seeing you again soon. Stay safe.”