Bus fare increase shock
MY husband came home having been informed by a First Group bus driver that his weekly fare from Tesco, Leisure Way, to Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, is to increase from �12 to �18.
MY husband came home having been informed by a First Group bus driver that his weekly fare from Tesco, Leisure Way, to Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, is to increase from �12 to �18. A 50pc price increase of �6 a week … or �24 a month.
How disgusting - there was nothing on any bus to Great Yarmouth over the last few weeks saying that this was going to happen.
When he is not working in Yarmouth he has an office in London; even the train fares have not gone up this much.
I am pleased that this article was in The Journal because if my husband had not got the bus on Friday and been in his London office he would have been none the wiser as I am sure no one else would because no passengers have been informed and, as always, when fares increase there are more losers than winners.
- 1 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each
- 2 Vandals target parked car with damage caused overnight
- 3 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 4 Man arrested and charged following robbery at Shell garage
- 5 Lowestoft Co-op now on Just Eat
- 6 Woman arrested after cannabis and edible highs seized in police raid
- 7 Family of 'beautiful' Tilli, five, launch appeal to aid rehabilitation
- 8 Taco Bell set to open in McDonald's former town centre premises
- 9 Find a new family for cat made homeless after a puppy moved in
- 10 WATCH: Moment teen pulls BB gun on shopkeeper