Bus fare increase shock
MY husband came home having been informed by a First Group bus driver that his weekly fare from Tesco, Leisure Way, to Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, is to increase from �12 to �18.
MY husband came home having been informed by a First Group bus driver that his weekly fare from Tesco, Leisure Way, to Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, is to increase from �12 to �18. A 50pc price increase of �6 a week … or �24 a month.
How disgusting - there was nothing on any bus to Great Yarmouth over the last few weeks saying that this was going to happen.
When he is not working in Yarmouth he has an office in London; even the train fares have not gone up this much.
I am pleased that this article was in The Journal because if my husband had not got the bus on Friday and been in his London office he would have been none the wiser as I am sure no one else would because no passengers have been informed and, as always, when fares increase there are more losers than winners.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 9 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency