Bus fare increase shock
MY husband came home having been informed by a First Group bus driver that his weekly fare from Tesco, Leisure Way, to Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, is to increase from �12 to �18.
MY husband came home having been informed by a First Group bus driver that his weekly fare from Tesco, Leisure Way, to Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, is to increase from �12 to �18. A 50pc price increase of �6 a week … or �24 a month.
How disgusting - there was nothing on any bus to Great Yarmouth over the last few weeks saying that this was going to happen.
When he is not working in Yarmouth he has an office in London; even the train fares have not gone up this much.
I am pleased that this article was in The Journal because if my husband had not got the bus on Friday and been in his London office he would have been none the wiser as I am sure no one else would because no passengers have been informed and, as always, when fares increase there are more losers than winners.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 7 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 8 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade