Bus fare increase shock
MY husband came home having been informed by a First Group bus driver that his weekly fare from Tesco, Leisure Way, to Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, is to increase from �12 to �18.
MY husband came home having been informed by a First Group bus driver that his weekly fare from Tesco, Leisure Way, to Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, is to increase from �12 to �18. A 50pc price increase of �6 a week … or �24 a month.
How disgusting - there was nothing on any bus to Great Yarmouth over the last few weeks saying that this was going to happen.
When he is not working in Yarmouth he has an office in London; even the train fares have not gone up this much.
I am pleased that this article was in The Journal because if my husband had not got the bus on Friday and been in his London office he would have been none the wiser as I am sure no one else would because no passengers have been informed and, as always, when fares increase there are more losers than winners.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown