Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- Credit: Archant
A town's Post Office will be boosted as the service prepares for a busier than usual Christmas rush.
To help meet the Christmas demand for cards, parcel services, and online shopping returns, an extra pop-up Post Office counter has opened at the Ashburnham Way branch in Carlton Colville.
The counter will allow Drop and Go mail to be processed by a dedicated member of staff, allowing other customers to be served quicker.
The branch, inside Dixon's News, officially opened in March as part of an "exciting modernisation and investment programme."
Hayley Brown, network provision manager, said: "To help meet customer demand this Christmas in Ashburnham Way, we are delighted to have added an extra pop-up counter for December.
"Christmas is always a busy time of year for Post Offices and with the coronavirus pandemic, even more people are sending parcels and cards to family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"There has been a big growth in online shopping and returns and we're also seeing an increase in local businesses sending out their goods via our branch.
"The extra counter will help to meet the seasonal demand."
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight