Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- Credit: Archant
A town's Post Office will be boosted as the service prepares for a busier than usual Christmas rush.
To help meet the Christmas demand for cards, parcel services, and online shopping returns, an extra pop-up Post Office counter has opened at the Ashburnham Way branch in Carlton Colville.
The counter will allow Drop and Go mail to be processed by a dedicated member of staff, allowing other customers to be served quicker.
The branch, inside Dixon's News, officially opened in March as part of an "exciting modernisation and investment programme."
Hayley Brown, network provision manager, said: "To help meet customer demand this Christmas in Ashburnham Way, we are delighted to have added an extra pop-up counter for December.
"Christmas is always a busy time of year for Post Offices and with the coronavirus pandemic, even more people are sending parcels and cards to family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"There has been a big growth in online shopping and returns and we're also seeing an increase in local businesses sending out their goods via our branch.
"The extra counter will help to meet the seasonal demand."
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft