Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- Credit: Archant
A town's Post Office will be boosted as the service prepares for a busier than usual Christmas rush.
To help meet the Christmas demand for cards, parcel services, and online shopping returns, an extra pop-up Post Office counter has opened at the Ashburnham Way branch in Carlton Colville.
The counter will allow Drop and Go mail to be processed by a dedicated member of staff, allowing other customers to be served quicker.
The branch, inside Dixon's News, officially opened in March as part of an "exciting modernisation and investment programme."
Hayley Brown, network provision manager, said: "To help meet customer demand this Christmas in Ashburnham Way, we are delighted to have added an extra pop-up counter for December.
"Christmas is always a busy time of year for Post Offices and with the coronavirus pandemic, even more people are sending parcels and cards to family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"There has been a big growth in online shopping and returns and we're also seeing an increase in local businesses sending out their goods via our branch.
"The extra counter will help to meet the seasonal demand."
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns