Firm sets global standard with FIFA quality certified seal of approval
- Credit: Harrod Sport
A long-established, family-run company based in Lowestoft has scored once more.
After supplying the goals to six of the venues in the Euro 2020 campaign, Harrod Sport is once again making its mark on global football.
As the UK’s leading manufacturer of sports equipment, Harrod Sport - part of the Harrod UK group of companies - has supplied some of the world's largest sporting events and stadiums from its base on the South Lowestoft industrial estate.
And now the company has created the world’s first FIFA-quality certified goal - meaning the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi and Harry Kane will be aiming to hit the back of the net in FIFA quality certified goals at this year's World Cup.
In partnership with FIFA, Harrod Sport took part in a year-long programme to improve the universal standard of football goals in time for the 2022 World Cup, which kicks off in November.
Key to the process has been Harrod Sport’s Innovation Centre, where skilled designers develop and test the latest technology in football goals and other sports equipment.
Kevin Utton, director of sports sales and marketing for Harrod Sport, said: “We have always had a close working relationship with international governing bodies, including FIFA.
"Once we heard they were launching a FIFA Quality Programme for football goals, we knew we wanted to be a part of it, having already supplied many of the world’s most prestigious clubs and competitions.
- 1 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 2 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 3 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 4 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 5 Man denies robbing alleged victim of mobile phone
- 6 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 9 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
“Having our products used at major events and now also rubber-stamped as FIFA Quality certified means a great deal to our staff, customers and everyone associated with Harrod Sport - it’s a proud moment for us all.”
Alan Ferguson, senior pitch management manager for FIFA, added: “Having been in the football world for many years, I know quality and service when I see it, and that is exactly why I have had the pleasure of working with Harrod Sport for many years.
“Now in my role at FIFA, I know if Harrod Sport is supplying product for a tournament, it will be to the highest possible standard.
"I am delighted they are now working in partnership with FIFA and have their products FIFA quality certified.”