Coastal Post Office branch to close for four weeks
- Credit: Archant
A Post Office branch has closed for a month while building work takes place.
The Kessingland High Street branch closed on Friday afternoon, May 7, with a spokesperson for the Post Office announcing the temporary closure on Monday.
During the closure, which is expected to take around four weeks to complete, customers will have to travel to nearby branches at Carlton Colville or Oulton.
The branch is due to reopen on Friday, June 4 at 8.30am.
Wendy Hamilton, Post Office network provision lead, said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers during the work.
You may also want to watch:
"The safety of our customers is of paramount, therefore, to allow for the building work to take place, it will be necessary for the service to close temporarily.”
Earlier this month, it was announced a new postmaster had been appointed to take over the nearby Pakefield branch, which has been closed since September due to "operational reasons."
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 3 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 4 Ambassador School status joy for 'fantastic' primary
- 5 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 6 Photo captures summer solstice sunrise at most easterly point
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 8 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 9 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146