Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- Credit: Holly Ridgeon
A young woman has been inspired to set up her own online business selling wax melts and carpet freshener.
Holly Ridgeon, 26, from Lowestoft, originally wanted to start the business in 2020 but was discouraged from doing so because of the pandemic.
But after three weeks setting up Littleprettywax from her kitchen, the business is already going from strength to strength.
She said: "I've always had a love for wax melts and have always wanted to start up my own business so I thought why not.
"The reception so far from the local community has been really positive.
"In my first week I received 17 orders and this week I have received 9.
"The benefit of having an online business means I can reach people from far and wide.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 6 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
"I am really looking forward to building up my business now we are coming out of the pandemic and have got my heart set on making it a success."
You can buy and view the products from her website and from her Facebook, Instagram and TikTok social media pages @littleprettywax.