Oulton Broad hairdresser named as UK's rising star
- Credit: Laura Bull
An Oulton Broad hairdresser has been named as the UK's rising star in the industry.
Millie Bloy began working at CODE Hair Consultants, in Oulton Broad, as a Saturday assistant aged 14 and has now earned her place on the It List, which highlights emerging stars in the UK hairdressing industry.
Having recently completed her qualification, the 19-year-old's eye for detail gave her the edge over a record-breaking number of entrants to win the Rising Star title, announced in a special ceremony on September 6 at Printworks London.
Catherine Handcock, publisher of Creative HEAD who host the awards, said: "A successful salon business relies on hard-working, talented and ambitious assistants like Millie.
"It's great to see her flourishing at CODE. She's an exciting addition to the team.
You may also want to watch:
"A champion go-getter who impressed all of our judges with her effervescent attitude, her willingness to go above and beyond clearly resonated.
"Whether it's lobbying her MP in support of the industry or ensuring all of her team and clients are left happy, the future is one set for success."
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 5 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 6 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Your Lowestoft Journal has a new community editor
- 9 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home