Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- Credit: Archant
A town's Post Office is set to reopen its doors, months after its sudden closure sparked disappointment among residents.
The Post Office branch in the Premier Store on Pakefield Street, Lowestoft, has been shut since September due to "operational reasons", a spokesperson said at the time.
While a date for the branch's reopening is yet to be confirmed, a new postmaster has been appointed to the role, with the store set to reopen after "work" on the branch is completed.
A Post Office spokesperson said: "We have good news to share.
"A new postmaster has been recently appointed for Pakefield to take over the Post Office and the shop.
You may also want to watch:
"Work is to take place at the shop ahead of the Post Office reopening. We cannot yet give a date for the reopening.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure and we are working hard to restore service as soon as possible."
Residents had previously claimed the post office had been "open and closed" for over a year before the current closure, raising concerns about the distance to the nearest branch at Rosedale Surgery in Carlton Colville.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted