Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- Credit: Archant
A town's Post Office is set to reopen its doors, months after its sudden closure sparked disappointment among residents.
The Post Office branch in the Premier Store on Pakefield Street, Lowestoft, has been shut since September due to "operational reasons", a spokesperson said at the time.
While a date for the branch's reopening is yet to be confirmed, a new postmaster has been appointed to the role, with the store set to reopen after "work" on the branch is completed.
A Post Office spokesperson said: "We have good news to share.
"A new postmaster has been recently appointed for Pakefield to take over the Post Office and the shop.
You may also want to watch:
"Work is to take place at the shop ahead of the Post Office reopening. We cannot yet give a date for the reopening.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure and we are working hard to restore service as soon as possible."
Residents had previously claimed the post office had been "open and closed" for over a year before the current closure, raising concerns about the distance to the nearest branch at Rosedale Surgery in Carlton Colville.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend