The Gym Group suffers £47.2million losses over Covid
- Credit: Brittany Woodman
'Affordable' fitness chain The Gym Group, with venues in Norfolk and Waveney, saw revenues nosedive by 47.4pc in 2020.
This came after a £6.2m profit in 2019.
Bosses said they remained focused on reopening sites from April 12.
The group has gyms in Hall Road and Little London Street, in Norwich and Tower Road, in Lowestoft. The Lowestoft venue opened just before Covid struck.
They added that 97pc of current members said they expected to return to the gyms as soon as lockdown lifts.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive Richard Darwin said: "We are ready to start rebuilding our membership levels and growing our estate from April 12, extending affordable fitness at a time when health and fitness has never been more important."
Revenues fell due to 45pc of trading days in the year lost due to closures. But the company plans to open three new gyms in April and one in May.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 5 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 10 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away