Businesses in plea for faster broadband
SECURING faster broadband and improving employee skills are the main priorities of businesses on the Suffolk coast, a new survey has revealed.The Suffolk Coastal Local Strategic Partnership has commissioned a report to find out how 100 businesses in the district are coping in the current economic climate.
SECURING faster broadband and improving employee skills are the main priorities of businesses on the Suffolk coast, a new survey has revealed.
The Suffolk Coastal Local Strategic Partnership has commissioned a report to find out how 100 businesses in the district are coping in the current economic climate.
The survey highlighted the importance of establishing improved broadband access as soon as possible and concluded that the slowness of internet speeds was detrimental to businesses, preventing them from working effectively with customers and other companies.
Another important finding was that a lack of skilled workers meant many local businesses found it difficult to recruit employees such as chefs, managers, accountants, custom-er care and sales staff.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Boulter, chairman of the Suffolk Coastal Business Forum, said: 'Our economy and skills group has been looking at how to improve the skills of our residents, and has backed some pioneering work which has helped young people gain skills local employers wanted, and saw the students gain a new nationally recognised vocation-al award.'
The full report is available online at the website www. suffolkcoastalbusinessforum. org.uk.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree