Businesses in plea for faster broadband
SECURING faster broadband and improving employee skills are the main priorities of businesses on the Suffolk coast, a new survey has revealed.The Suffolk Coastal Local Strategic Partnership has commissioned a report to find out how 100 businesses in the district are coping in the current economic climate.
SECURING faster broadband and improving employee skills are the main priorities of businesses on the Suffolk coast, a new survey has revealed.
The Suffolk Coastal Local Strategic Partnership has commissioned a report to find out how 100 businesses in the district are coping in the current economic climate.
The survey highlighted the importance of establishing improved broadband access as soon as possible and concluded that the slowness of internet speeds was detrimental to businesses, preventing them from working effectively with customers and other companies.
Another important finding was that a lack of skilled workers meant many local businesses found it difficult to recruit employees such as chefs, managers, accountants, custom-er care and sales staff.
Nick Boulter, chairman of the Suffolk Coastal Business Forum, said: 'Our economy and skills group has been looking at how to improve the skills of our residents, and has backed some pioneering work which has helped young people gain skills local employers wanted, and saw the students gain a new nationally recognised vocation-al award.'
The full report is available online at the website www. suffolkcoastalbusinessforum. org.uk.
- 1 Three people arrested in Lowestoft as part of burglary crackdown
- 2 Man appears in court for Lowestoft arson offences
- 3 Region's rebel MP: 'Im not grumpy' just acting in my peoples' best interests
- 4 Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
- 7 'I was just really drunk' - man squared up to police after pub call-out
- 8 Lowestoft lighting the way in region's fight against food waste
- 9 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 10 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park