Busy few days for South Broads Lifeboat
IT has been a busy few days for the South Broads Lifeboat.Following on from their callout last week, the lifeboat was again called out a further two times in the space of three days.
IT has been a busy few days for the South Broads Lifeboat.
Following on from their callout last week, the lifeboat was again called out a further two times in the space of three days.
On Saturday (March 14) The South Broads 4x4 was mobilised to reports of a person in the water at Reedham, however it was stood down within minutes of the launch request.
Yesterday The Broads ILB1 D-514 Lord Kitchener, was launched to aid a man who had fallen into Broadlands Holiday Village marina. The casualty was found floating near to the quay heading, where an observant local had got a lifebuoy to him.
You may also want to watch:
The inshore lifeboat crew managed to collect the man safely and transferred him into the hands of a waiting ambulance crew at a nearby slipway. With the man safe, albeit rather cold with a few minor cuts, the lifeboat returned to station, being refuelled and ready for service by 9.20am.
The Royal National Lifeboat Institution is a registered charity that saves lives at sea. Set up in 1824 it provides an on call, 24-hour lifeboat search and rescue service, both off the coast and on inland waterways. In 2007 the RNLI saved on average 21 people daily, at an approximate cost of �339,000 per day.
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 8 Warning after dog swallows baited fishing hook on beach
- 9 All set for reopening at Pleasurewood Hills
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend