‘Delays are likely’ warning as gas works are carried out
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that delays are likely as part of a busy road is closed for a week.
Roadworks will be carried out on the A47 Denmark Road in Lowestoft later this month.
With Cadent carrying out the work between Monday, May 20 and Friday, May 24, part of the road will be temporarily closed and a diversion route will be put in place.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is carried out.
A Cadent spokesman said: "Cadent will be carrying out work to connect properties to the gas mains network in Denmark Road later this month.
You may also want to watch:
"This important work has been agreed with the local authority and it will enable more people to enjoy safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.
"Work is scheduled to be carried out between May 20 and May 24 and to enable the work to be completed safely and promptly a road closure will be implemented.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
"The traffic management was carefully planned and agreed with the Highways Authority in line with their requirements."
It means that for the duration of the project, Denmark Road will be closed from just past the junction with Trafalgar Street to the junction with Katwijk Way (A12), and the road will be access only from the roundabout with Rotterdam Road to just past the junction with Trafalgar Street.
The spokesman added: "A signed diversion route will be in place via Rotterdam Road, St Peter's Street (A1144) and Katwijk Way (A12).
"We'll do all we can to complete the work as soon as possible and with minimal disruption to the area."
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.