Busy time for fire crews
FIRE crews in the Lowestoft area were kept busy overnight with three separate blazes.Two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in a living room.
FIRE crews in the Lowestoft area were kept busy overnight with three separate blazes.
Two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in a living room.
Crews were called to the home in May Road, Lowestoft, at 1.40am today where curtains were well alight.
The blaze was under control by 2.08am but two people in the property suffered from smoke inhalation but were not thought to be seriously hurt.
You may also want to watch:
At 2.40am the alarm was raised at the George Borrow hotel in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad, when an outbuilding was on fire.
Crews had the situation under control by 3.17am and no one was injured.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
Earlier at 5.40pm on Sunday crews from Lowestoft tackled an undergrowth fire, involving an area about 10 sq metres, in the Horn Hill area of town.