Busy time for fire crews
FIRE crews in the Lowestoft area were kept busy overnight with three separate blazes.Two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in a living room.
FIRE crews in the Lowestoft area were kept busy overnight with three separate blazes.
Two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in a living room.
Crews were called to the home in May Road, Lowestoft, at 1.40am today where curtains were well alight.
The blaze was under control by 2.08am but two people in the property suffered from smoke inhalation but were not thought to be seriously hurt.
At 2.40am the alarm was raised at the George Borrow hotel in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad, when an outbuilding was on fire.
Crews had the situation under control by 3.17am and no one was injured.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
- 3 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 4 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 5 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Man bitten on the nose as he tried to make citizen's arrest
- 8 Zeb Soanes set to host Smooth Classics at Seven on Classic FM
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
Earlier at 5.40pm on Sunday crews from Lowestoft tackled an undergrowth fire, involving an area about 10 sq metres, in the Horn Hill area of town.