Busy time for fire crews
FIRE crews in the Lowestoft area were kept busy overnight with three separate blazes.Two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in a living room.
FIRE crews in the Lowestoft area were kept busy overnight with three separate blazes.
Two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in a living room.
Crews were called to the home in May Road, Lowestoft, at 1.40am today where curtains were well alight.
The blaze was under control by 2.08am but two people in the property suffered from smoke inhalation but were not thought to be seriously hurt.
At 2.40am the alarm was raised at the George Borrow hotel in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad, when an outbuilding was on fire.
Crews had the situation under control by 3.17am and no one was injured.
- 1 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 2 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 3 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 4 Clean up operation after potato slurry spill in Lowestoft
- 5 Where will new homes be built in Lowestoft?
- 6 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 7 Work begins on demountable flood gate in Lowestoft
- 8 Care home builds 'shopping lane' to promote resident independence
- 9 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 10 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
Earlier at 5.40pm on Sunday crews from Lowestoft tackled an undergrowth fire, involving an area about 10 sq metres, in the Horn Hill area of town.