Busy time for fire crews
FIRE crews in the Lowestoft area were kept busy overnight with three separate blazes.Two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in a living room.
FIRE crews in the Lowestoft area were kept busy overnight with three separate blazes.
Two people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a fire in a living room.
Crews were called to the home in May Road, Lowestoft, at 1.40am today where curtains were well alight.
The blaze was under control by 2.08am but two people in the property suffered from smoke inhalation but were not thought to be seriously hurt.
You may also want to watch:
At 2.40am the alarm was raised at the George Borrow hotel in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad, when an outbuilding was on fire.
Crews had the situation under control by 3.17am and no one was injured.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 8 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 9 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 10 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
Earlier at 5.40pm on Sunday crews from Lowestoft tackled an undergrowth fire, involving an area about 10 sq metres, in the Horn Hill area of town.