Busy weekend for Lowestoft firefighters
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were kept busy with a spate of call-outs at the weekend.
Just after 9.30pm on Saturday (April 2) a crew from Lowestoft South station tackled some undergrowth which was ablaze in the town. They were called to Silverwood Close at 9.32pm where a 10m by 10m area of gorse was alight, according to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
They quickly tackled the blaze, with the scene cleared by 9.44pm.
A crew from Lowestoft South Station were then called out to tackle a car fire in Fulmar Way, Lowestoft at 4.55am yesterday (Sunday, April 3) morning. The blaze was quickly put out, with the scene cleared by 5.17am.
Twleve hours later, at 4.55pm, a crew from Lowestoft South station were called to the rear of Kimberley Road in Kirkley where they discovered that a bush blaze had spread to two nearby sheds.
You may also want to watch:
A further crew from Lowestoft South station was called-out as two 8x5m sheds were 'well alight,' according to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service. The crews cleared the scene by 5.19pm.
And then finally at 8.37pm last night (Sunday) firefighters from Lowestoft South station were called to Sparrows Nest Park at Yarmouth Road in the town where they quickly put out a 'small pile of refuse,' which was ablaze in undergrowth, as the scene was cleared by 8.49pm.
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 9 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft