Busy weekend for Lowestoft firefighters
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were kept busy with a spate of call-outs at the weekend.
Just after 9.30pm on Saturday (April 2) a crew from Lowestoft South station tackled some undergrowth which was ablaze in the town. They were called to Silverwood Close at 9.32pm where a 10m by 10m area of gorse was alight, according to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
They quickly tackled the blaze, with the scene cleared by 9.44pm.
A crew from Lowestoft South Station were then called out to tackle a car fire in Fulmar Way, Lowestoft at 4.55am yesterday (Sunday, April 3) morning. The blaze was quickly put out, with the scene cleared by 5.17am.
Twleve hours later, at 4.55pm, a crew from Lowestoft South station were called to the rear of Kimberley Road in Kirkley where they discovered that a bush blaze had spread to two nearby sheds.
A further crew from Lowestoft South station was called-out as two 8x5m sheds were 'well alight,' according to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service. The crews cleared the scene by 5.19pm.
And then finally at 8.37pm last night (Sunday) firefighters from Lowestoft South station were called to Sparrows Nest Park at Yarmouth Road in the town where they quickly put out a 'small pile of refuse,' which was ablaze in undergrowth, as the scene was cleared by 8.49pm.
- 1 Three people arrested in Lowestoft as part of burglary crackdown
- 2 Man appears in court for Lowestoft arson offences
- 3 Region's rebel MP: 'Im not grumpy' just acting in my peoples' best interests
- 4 Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 'I was just really drunk' - man squared up to police after pub call-out
- 7 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
- 8 Lowestoft lighting the way in region's fight against food waste
- 9 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 10 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park