Cafe opens its doors in Kessingland
A COMMUNITY caf� has been officially opened at the heart of Kessingland.The Dunes Caf� at the Marram Green community and sheltered housing complex, on Hall Road, will now offer refreshments for villagers and visitors to the new �5.
A COMMUNITY caf� has been officially opened at the heart of Kessingland.
The Dunes Caf� at the Marram Green community and sheltered housing complex, on Hall Road, will now offer refreshments for villagers and visitors to the new �5.6m building.
The new caf� is being run by Helen and Roberto Meneghello.
Jacqueline Holland, whose mother is living in one of the sheltered flats at the complex run by Flagship Housing, said: 'I'm going away soon and it's so reassuring to know that mum will be eating at regular times without me having to worry.'
You may also want to watch:
Sue Green, who lives in Fisherman's Way, said: 'The caf� will give me a reason to get out of the house. It's such a good location with a bus stop at the end of the road and for me there's plenty of room to park my mobility scooter.'
The caf� will be open every day from 9.00am to 4.00pm Mondays to Sundays to gauge demand.
- 1 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 4 'A bit ridiculous': Environment Agency criticised after flood alert delay
- 5 Will Suffolk rubbish tip booking system remain permanently post-Covid?
- 6 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 7 Former care home could be turned into supported housing
- 8 Suspected counterfeit cigarettes seized from Lowestoft business
- 9 Designer sunglasses stolen from parked car
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary