Cafe opens its doors in Kessingland
A COMMUNITY caf� has been officially opened at the heart of Kessingland.The Dunes Caf� at the Marram Green community and sheltered housing complex, on Hall Road, will now offer refreshments for villagers and visitors to the new �5.
A COMMUNITY caf� has been officially opened at the heart of Kessingland.
The Dunes Caf� at the Marram Green community and sheltered housing complex, on Hall Road, will now offer refreshments for villagers and visitors to the new �5.6m building.
The new caf� is being run by Helen and Roberto Meneghello.
Jacqueline Holland, whose mother is living in one of the sheltered flats at the complex run by Flagship Housing, said: 'I'm going away soon and it's so reassuring to know that mum will be eating at regular times without me having to worry.'
You may also want to watch:
Sue Green, who lives in Fisherman's Way, said: 'The caf� will give me a reason to get out of the house. It's such a good location with a bus stop at the end of the road and for me there's plenty of room to park my mobility scooter.'
The caf� will be open every day from 9.00am to 4.00pm Mondays to Sundays to gauge demand.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings