Cafe opens its doors in Kessingland
A COMMUNITY caf� has been officially opened at the heart of Kessingland.The Dunes Caf� at the Marram Green community and sheltered housing complex, on Hall Road, will now offer refreshments for villagers and visitors to the new �5.
A COMMUNITY caf� has been officially opened at the heart of Kessingland.
The Dunes Caf� at the Marram Green community and sheltered housing complex, on Hall Road, will now offer refreshments for villagers and visitors to the new �5.6m building.
The new caf� is being run by Helen and Roberto Meneghello.
Jacqueline Holland, whose mother is living in one of the sheltered flats at the complex run by Flagship Housing, said: 'I'm going away soon and it's so reassuring to know that mum will be eating at regular times without me having to worry.'
You may also want to watch:
Sue Green, who lives in Fisherman's Way, said: 'The caf� will give me a reason to get out of the house. It's such a good location with a bus stop at the end of the road and for me there's plenty of room to park my mobility scooter.'
The caf� will be open every day from 9.00am to 4.00pm Mondays to Sundays to gauge demand.
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 How £540m boost could transform Lowestoft for generations to come
- 3 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 4 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town
- 5 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 6 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 7 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 8 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 9 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 10 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs