Call for more support to Air Festival
I WOULD wish to thank John Clarke for his letter (June 5) drawing attention to saving Lowestoft Air Show.His sentiments were very welcome and yes, it is absolutely true that the continuance of the event in 2010 will depend on the bucket donations at this year's show.
I WOULD wish to thank John Clarke for his letter (June 5) drawing attention to saving Lowestoft Air Show.
His sentiments were very welcome and yes, it is absolutely true that the continuance of the event in 2010 will depend on the bucket donations at this year's show.
A total of 17 local organisations will be on duty from 7.30am until 6.30pm throughout the two days of the show, all committed to offering every opportunity for the visiting public to donate into the buckets. We are asking this year for a minimum donation of �2 per person which, if realised, will guarantee next year's show.
We are very grateful for support from some of seafront enterprises who benefit from the event and we would encourage and hope others could also offer support by making a donation as well.
This great local community event could be even more successful if all our local traders in partnership with our local spectators all contributed to the fund to ensure continuity next year.
In addition to funding the two days flying the emergency services and public safety requirements connected with the Air Show, last year some �28,000 was cascaded back to local organisations and clubs who endeavour to support their local community voluntary undertakings and services.
- 1 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 2 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 3 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 4 Motorists stopped for speeding during enforcement checks
- 5 Drone video reveals best look at Gull Wing bridge project
- 6 Community response hailed as Tilli, five, continues recovery after stroke
- 7 Hunt continues after man chased and verbally assaulted in park
- 8 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 9 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 10 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
Every year in our programme we publish our thanks to everyone who supports the Air Show either by sponsorship or donations. It would be fantastic if this year as a result the town can look forward with confidence to 2010
Air Show director