Call for more support to Air Festival
I WOULD wish to thank John Clarke for his letter (June 5) drawing attention to saving Lowestoft Air Show.His sentiments were very welcome and yes, it is absolutely true that the continuance of the event in 2010 will depend on the bucket donations at this year's show.
I WOULD wish to thank John Clarke for his letter (June 5) drawing attention to saving Lowestoft Air Show.
His sentiments were very welcome and yes, it is absolutely true that the continuance of the event in 2010 will depend on the bucket donations at this year's show.
A total of 17 local organisations will be on duty from 7.30am until 6.30pm throughout the two days of the show, all committed to offering every opportunity for the visiting public to donate into the buckets. We are asking this year for a minimum donation of �2 per person which, if realised, will guarantee next year's show.
We are very grateful for support from some of seafront enterprises who benefit from the event and we would encourage and hope others could also offer support by making a donation as well.
You may also want to watch:
This great local community event could be even more successful if all our local traders in partnership with our local spectators all contributed to the fund to ensure continuity next year.
In addition to funding the two days flying the emergency services and public safety requirements connected with the Air Show, last year some �28,000 was cascaded back to local organisations and clubs who endeavour to support their local community voluntary undertakings and services.
- 1 Calls for netting to be removed after red-listed birds die
- 2 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 10 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
Every year in our programme we publish our thanks to everyone who supports the Air Show either by sponsorship or donations. It would be fantastic if this year as a result the town can look forward with confidence to 2010
Air Show director