Call to back Big First Aid Lesson
- Credit: Archant
Children across the country are set to learn some vital life saving skills during a special first aid lesson.
St John Ambulance, the nation's leading first aid charity, is calling on schools across Waveney to get involved in the annual Big First Aid Lesson 2017, which takes place on November 3.
Hosted by BAFTA-winning 'Secret Life of Boys' star Reece Buttery, the free hour-long programme will be streamed live into classrooms across the country and will cover a range of first aid topics with particular emphasis on burns and firework-related injuries.
The charity is urging teachers to sign up and help meet its aim of teaching a quarter of a million students vital life saving skills. Now in its fourth year, this year's lesson is aimed at primary school students and is timed to raise awareness of the dangers of Bonfire Night, and what to do in the event of an accident.
Reece said: 'As a St John Ambulance Cadet, I've seen first-hand how important first aid can be in an emergency. Being able to immediately help someone – a family member, school mate, a neighbour, or even a stranger – can be life saving. Anyone can learn first aid at any age and that's why I'm supporting the Big First Aid Lesson 2017.'
You may also want to watch:
The Big First Aid Lesson is free, easy to join, and could help to save a life. The only equipment schools need to take part is an Internet connection and a screen for their pupils to watch in the classroom or during assembly.
To sign up your school to the Big First Aid Lesson, or for more information visit www.sja.org.uk/bigfirstaidlesson.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk