Call to back Big First Aid Lesson
- Credit: Archant
Children across the country are set to learn some vital life saving skills during a special first aid lesson.
St John Ambulance, the nation's leading first aid charity, is calling on schools across Waveney to get involved in the annual Big First Aid Lesson 2017, which takes place on November 3.
Hosted by BAFTA-winning 'Secret Life of Boys' star Reece Buttery, the free hour-long programme will be streamed live into classrooms across the country and will cover a range of first aid topics with particular emphasis on burns and firework-related injuries.
The charity is urging teachers to sign up and help meet its aim of teaching a quarter of a million students vital life saving skills. Now in its fourth year, this year's lesson is aimed at primary school students and is timed to raise awareness of the dangers of Bonfire Night, and what to do in the event of an accident.
Reece said: 'As a St John Ambulance Cadet, I've seen first-hand how important first aid can be in an emergency. Being able to immediately help someone – a family member, school mate, a neighbour, or even a stranger – can be life saving. Anyone can learn first aid at any age and that's why I'm supporting the Big First Aid Lesson 2017.'
You may also want to watch:
The Big First Aid Lesson is free, easy to join, and could help to save a life. The only equipment schools need to take part is an Internet connection and a screen for their pupils to watch in the classroom or during assembly.
To sign up your school to the Big First Aid Lesson, or for more information visit www.sja.org.uk/bigfirstaidlesson.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash