Call to respond to voter registration forms across Lowestoft and Waveney
- Credit: Archant
Annual voter registration forms have been sent out – and Waveney District Council is asking residents to respond by the deadline in order to help save money.
With 56,000 properties in Waveney receiving a Household Enquiry Form last week, householders are required by law to confirm or update the details of anyone at their address who is eligible to vote in the UK.
The forms are pre-printed with the names of the occupants currently registered to vote at each address. A response is required; either to update their details if there are any changes or to confirm that the information is still the same. Even residents who voted in the recent elections still need to respond by July 31, 2015.
Arthur Charvonia, Waveney's Electoral Registration Officer, said: 'Waveney residents have always been excellent at using the automated systems to confirm their details and this year for the first time, people can use the dedicated website to make changes to their details, which we hope will simplify the process even further. Canvassing every property in Waveney is a legal necessity however it is costly and so we are urging residents to help us save money wherever possible by responding to their Household Enquiry Form by July 31. This will reduce the need to send unnecessary reminder letters and forms which would be a waste of taxpayer's money.'
Responses can be made by text, phone or through the dedicated website.
You may also want to watch:
If there are no changes to be made then call freephone 0800 197 9871, text NOCHANGE using the security code shown on the form to 80212 or visit www.registerbyinternet.com/waveney
To change any details on your form go to www.registerbyinternet.com/waveney or amend, sign and return the form using the enclosed envelope.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
Once responses have been received by all properties, an up-to-date Register of Electors can be published.
? Further details about the Register of Electors and annual voter registration can be found at www.waveney.gov.uk