Calling all budding photographers - new competition celebrating east Suffolk is launched
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Photographers in east Suffolk are being asked to capture the wonders of the area through the launch of a new competition.
The East Suffolk Photo Competition started on Tuesday, August 1, as part of an initiative from Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils.
Having been in partnership since 2008, the councils are working to create a new, single 'super district' council for east Suffolk.
Reflecting this goal, the competition seeks to celebrate the area as a great place to live, work and visit.
Michael Ladd, cabinet member for tourism and economic development at Waveney District Council, said: 'We are looking for people to tell us a story with their photos and really show east Suffolk as a fantastic place to live, work and explore.
You may also want to watch:
'We want people to think creatively and show a different side to what life is like in this part of world.
'This could be a photo of your local community, a popular beauty spot or your favourite place to visit.'
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
There are four categories for entrants; living in east Suffolk, working in east Suffolk, explore east Suffolk and under 16s.
Mr Ladd added: 'You don't have to be an expert photographer to take part and entries are welcome from both amateurs and professional photographers and people of all ages.'
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges in October. One winner and one runner-up will be chosen from each category.
The winner of each category will receive a shopping voucher along with a framed copy of their photo which will also be displayed at the councils' East Suffolk House in Melton or the Riverside offices in Lowestoft.
Their work will also be featured on the councils' combined Instagram. According to digital performance monitors GovRank, which monitors the digital performance of over 400 local authorities in the UK, the account consistently features among the best-performing council Instagram accounts.
The competition closes on Monday, September 4.
Entries can be submitted via Instagram by tagging @eastsuffolkcouncils and using #EastSuffolkPhotoComp.
Or you can send your photographs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and full terms and conditions visit: eastsuffolk.gov.uk/east-suffolk-photo-competition