Calling all budding photographers - new competition celebrating east Suffolk is launched
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Photographers in east Suffolk are being asked to capture the wonders of the area through the launch of a new competition.
The East Suffolk Photo Competition started on Tuesday, August 1, as part of an initiative from Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils.
Having been in partnership since 2008, the councils are working to create a new, single 'super district' council for east Suffolk.
Reflecting this goal, the competition seeks to celebrate the area as a great place to live, work and visit.
Michael Ladd, cabinet member for tourism and economic development at Waveney District Council, said: 'We are looking for people to tell us a story with their photos and really show east Suffolk as a fantastic place to live, work and explore.
You may also want to watch:
'We want people to think creatively and show a different side to what life is like in this part of world.
'This could be a photo of your local community, a popular beauty spot or your favourite place to visit.'
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
There are four categories for entrants; living in east Suffolk, working in east Suffolk, explore east Suffolk and under 16s.
Mr Ladd added: 'You don't have to be an expert photographer to take part and entries are welcome from both amateurs and professional photographers and people of all ages.'
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges in October. One winner and one runner-up will be chosen from each category.
The winner of each category will receive a shopping voucher along with a framed copy of their photo which will also be displayed at the councils' East Suffolk House in Melton or the Riverside offices in Lowestoft.
Their work will also be featured on the councils' combined Instagram. According to digital performance monitors GovRank, which monitors the digital performance of over 400 local authorities in the UK, the account consistently features among the best-performing council Instagram accounts.
The competition closes on Monday, September 4.
Entries can be submitted via Instagram by tagging @eastsuffolkcouncils and using #EastSuffolkPhotoComp.
Or you can send your photographs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and full terms and conditions visit: eastsuffolk.gov.uk/east-suffolk-photo-competition