Callous thief steals guinea pigs
POLICE investigating the theft of two eight-week-old guinea pigs from a family zoo in Oulton Broad have released CCTV images in a bid to trace a man they wish to speak to.
The animals were sleeping in a wooden box inside a hutch when they were taken from Pets Corner, on Bridge Road, between 6.20pm and 6.35pm on Tuesday, October 12.
Officers are keen to speak to a white man, in his early teens to early 20s, who was seen climbing over a fence and taking the box with the guinea pigs inside. The young guinea pigs were either going to be sold as family pets or become part of the petting zoo and the theft has left staff shocked – coming only 18 months after it was targeted by vandals.
Extra security was added at the zoo when people donated thousands of pounds to install CCTV after intruders killed dozens of chickens and rabbits in April last year.
A police spokesman said: 'We're releasing images of the man inside the grounds of Pets Corner and images which are possibly the same man getting out of a car seen outside the premises around this time. Please take a look at the man and the vehicle, do you know who it is?'
The man is described as being of slim to average build, wearing white trainers, black bottoms, a light top/coat with a hood up and a dark beanie hat under the hood.
? Anyone with any information should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Police seek help to identify man after wallet theft
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 6 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 7 Crackdown on second home owners exploiting tax loophole on coast
- 8 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Street to be decorated with Christmas decorations for Children's charity