Callous thief steals guinea pigs
POLICE investigating the theft of two eight-week-old guinea pigs from a family zoo in Oulton Broad have released CCTV images in a bid to trace a man they wish to speak to.
The animals were sleeping in a wooden box inside a hutch when they were taken from Pets Corner, on Bridge Road, between 6.20pm and 6.35pm on Tuesday, October 12.
Officers are keen to speak to a white man, in his early teens to early 20s, who was seen climbing over a fence and taking the box with the guinea pigs inside. The young guinea pigs were either going to be sold as family pets or become part of the petting zoo and the theft has left staff shocked – coming only 18 months after it was targeted by vandals.
Extra security was added at the zoo when people donated thousands of pounds to install CCTV after intruders killed dozens of chickens and rabbits in April last year.
A police spokesman said: 'We're releasing images of the man inside the grounds of Pets Corner and images which are possibly the same man getting out of a car seen outside the premises around this time. Please take a look at the man and the vehicle, do you know who it is?'
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as being of slim to average build, wearing white trainers, black bottoms, a light top/coat with a hood up and a dark beanie hat under the hood.
? Anyone with any information should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft