Callous thieves steal jewellery from 71-year-old woman
A GOLD bracelet and a round gold locket were stolen from a 71-year-old woman in Lowestoft.
The woman had been sitting on a bench opposite the Tesco store in London Road North about 3.30pm on Saturday (November 13) when she was approached by two women who appeared to be selling rings and necklaces.
One pretended to put rings on her while the other put a cheap looking necklace around her neck. The 71-year-old said she was not interested and the two went away but moments later the pensioner realised her bracelet and necklace had been removed.
A woman then approached the 71-year-old to ask if she was okay and said the same thing had happened to her. Police need to speak to this woman and need to trace the two who took the jewellery.
One of the suspects is described as in her late 40s to early 60s, with tanned/olive skin, of big build, with dark shoulder length hair and was wearing a black cardigan and dark skirt. The other was in her late teens to 20s and also had a tanned/olive complexion with long-ish dark hair.
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone with information about the incident or the thieves is asked to call Sgt 488 Wright at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft