Callous thieves steal jewellery from 71-year-old woman
A GOLD bracelet and a round gold locket were stolen from a 71-year-old woman in Lowestoft.
The woman had been sitting on a bench opposite the Tesco store in London Road North about 3.30pm on Saturday (November 13) when she was approached by two women who appeared to be selling rings and necklaces.
One pretended to put rings on her while the other put a cheap looking necklace around her neck. The 71-year-old said she was not interested and the two went away but moments later the pensioner realised her bracelet and necklace had been removed.
A woman then approached the 71-year-old to ask if she was okay and said the same thing had happened to her. Police need to speak to this woman and need to trace the two who took the jewellery.
One of the suspects is described as in her late 40s to early 60s, with tanned/olive skin, of big build, with dark shoulder length hair and was wearing a black cardigan and dark skirt. The other was in her late teens to 20s and also had a tanned/olive complexion with long-ish dark hair.
• Anyone with information about the incident or the thieves is asked to call Sgt 488 Wright at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Three people arrested in Lowestoft as part of burglary crackdown
- 2 Man appears in court for Lowestoft arson offences
- 3 Region's rebel MP: 'Im not grumpy' just acting in my peoples' best interests
- 4 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 5 Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- 6 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
- 7 'I was just really drunk' - man squared up to police after pub call-out
- 8 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 9 Lowestoft lighting the way in region's fight against food waste
- 10 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park