Callous thieves steal pensioner’s handbag from Pakefield Church Hall
THIEVES stole a handbag from a pensioner at Pakefield Church Hall
Police were initially called by a member of the public to Sunningdale Avenue between 4.30pm and 4.55pm yesterday (Tuesday, January 18) who spotted a small fire in a lane in the All Saints Road area and saw two suspects over a handbag on fire.
Officers attended and managed to trace the bag back to its owner, a 70-year-old lady, who had left the handbag in one area of the hall while she was in another.
There was only a small amount of cash and minimal personal items in the bag.
Police need to trace the two who were seen with the bag, who are described as white, in their mid to late teens and of skinny build, with one wearing a grey hooded top, the other in a black hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone who saw them with the bag or who has any information about who they are is asked to call PC 1278 Scott on 01986 835300.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight