Callous thieves steal pensioner’s handbag from Pakefield Church Hall
THIEVES stole a handbag from a pensioner at Pakefield Church Hall
Police were initially called by a member of the public to Sunningdale Avenue between 4.30pm and 4.55pm yesterday (Tuesday, January 18) who spotted a small fire in a lane in the All Saints Road area and saw two suspects over a handbag on fire.
Officers attended and managed to trace the bag back to its owner, a 70-year-old lady, who had left the handbag in one area of the hall while she was in another.
There was only a small amount of cash and minimal personal items in the bag.
Police need to trace the two who were seen with the bag, who are described as white, in their mid to late teens and of skinny build, with one wearing a grey hooded top, the other in a black hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone who saw them with the bag or who has any information about who they are is asked to call PC 1278 Scott on 01986 835300.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021