Campaign to keep Oulton Broad Library open
BOOK lovers who do not want a Lowestoft library to close are being invited to an open meeting next week.
A meeting to discuss Suffolk County Council's plans to cut its funding to the library will take place at the library on Bridge Road at 10.30am on Tuesday.
Pauline Rainton, one of the organisers, hopes all residents who want to secure its future, will go along.
She said: 'We want to give others the opportunity to speak out in support of the library. We hope to arrange a campaign to keep the library going.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014