Campaign to keep Oulton Broad Library open
BOOK lovers who do not want a Lowestoft library to close are being invited to an open meeting next week.
A meeting to discuss Suffolk County Council's plans to cut its funding to the library will take place at the library on Bridge Road at 10.30am on Tuesday.
Pauline Rainton, one of the organisers, hopes all residents who want to secure its future, will go along.
She said: 'We want to give others the opportunity to speak out in support of the library. We hope to arrange a campaign to keep the library going.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 9 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?