Campus design hideous
I THINK that the design for the Waveney Campus project is hideous, my six-year-old granddaughter could have done better.The design looks like something from the former Soviet Union in the 1960s.
I THINK that the design for the Waveney Campus project is hideous, my six-year-old granddaughter could have done better.
The design looks like something from the former Soviet Union in the 1960s. It is totally bland and uninspired.
I would like to know why Waveney District Council did not think about relocating the Town Hall to the former Shell Base, in Commercial Road, as it is a fairly large structure with room to expand. There is also room on the site for a new Cefas building; the site is quite large going all the way along the shore of Lake Lothing up to the railway footbridge at the bottom of Normanston Park.
If the problem is road access why not put in a level crossing across the railway where the road goes to Wickes and Lidls?
You may also want to watch:
This idea would save council tax payers millions of pounds which could be spent in other ways.
The plans for the housing development at the former Brooke Marine peninsula include yet another marina, just what the town does not need. Can you imagine weekends in the summer with all the yachts and boats leaving and entering Lake Lothing, the bridge will be going up and down like a yo-yo.
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 10 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
The marinas should be located in the former trawl docks, that way the bridge would not be worked so hard, especially now that a fortune is being spent on its overdue overhaul.
R J HOOK