Cancer charities boosted by fundraising events in Lowestoft and Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Fund-raisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal, which continues to raise money and awareness in aid of Cancer Research UK, have been boosted by further collections and a table top sale.
Last Tuesday, April 25 they held a collection and table top sale at Morrisons on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft. It raised £324.63 for their cancer appeals fund.
Gary Bennett, from the Lauren Lou appeal, said: 'Thank you to all who donated or volunteered to help raise this awesome amount.'
Last Friday, April 28 Team Lauren Lou held a street collection in Beccles town centre. The event raised a 'fantastic' £478.01 for Cancer Research UK.
Mr Bennett added: 'Thank you to all my volunteers and the very kind donating public!'
You may also want to watch:
Are you organising a charity event in Waveney? You can send your details to Mark Boggis via firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call 01502 525820.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 4 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 7 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea