Cancer charities boosted by fundraising events in Lowestoft and Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Fund-raisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal, which continues to raise money and awareness in aid of Cancer Research UK, have been boosted by further collections and a table top sale.
Last Tuesday, April 25 they held a collection and table top sale at Morrisons on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft. It raised £324.63 for their cancer appeals fund.
Gary Bennett, from the Lauren Lou appeal, said: 'Thank you to all who donated or volunteered to help raise this awesome amount.'
Last Friday, April 28 Team Lauren Lou held a street collection in Beccles town centre. The event raised a 'fantastic' £478.01 for Cancer Research UK.
Mr Bennett added: 'Thank you to all my volunteers and the very kind donating public!'
You may also want to watch:
Are you organising a charity event in Waveney? You can send your details to Mark Boggis via firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call 01502 525820.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary