Cancer charities boosted by fundraising events in Lowestoft and Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Fund-raisers from the Lowestoft-based Lauren Lou appeal, which continues to raise money and awareness in aid of Cancer Research UK, have been boosted by further collections and a table top sale.
Last Tuesday, April 25 they held a collection and table top sale at Morrisons on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft. It raised £324.63 for their cancer appeals fund.
Gary Bennett, from the Lauren Lou appeal, said: 'Thank you to all who donated or volunteered to help raise this awesome amount.'
Last Friday, April 28 Team Lauren Lou held a street collection in Beccles town centre. The event raised a 'fantastic' £478.01 for Cancer Research UK.
Mr Bennett added: 'Thank you to all my volunteers and the very kind donating public!'
Are you organising a charity event in Waveney? You can send your details to Mark Boggis via firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call 01502 525820.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 6 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 7 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash