‘It’s very exciting for us all’: New link-up sees scholars boost cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A new partnership has been formed with fantastic results, after funds were raised for charity.
Scholars from Lowestoft Town FC Academy gave up time from their studies this week as they supported Team Lauren Lou cancer fundraising volunteers to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
For three-and-a-half hours in Lowestoft town centre and the Tesco Metro store on Tuesday, April 2 the volunteers collected £324.51.
A Lowestoft Town spokesman said: 'Extremely proud of our scholars who supported Team Lauren Lou in Lowestoft to raise money for Cancer Research UK - great cause and excellent experience for the lads.'
Gary Bennett, Team Lauren Lou leader, said: 'I can't thank Lowestoft Town FC chairman Gary Keyzor enough for coming up with this fantastic idea and getting Andy Reynolds and myself to arrange this.
You may also want to watch:
'Seeing the young men volunteering was inspiring and made me feel so proud of them.
'We will be partners at various cancer collections for Cancer Research UK and Breast Cancer Care in the future and it's very exciting for us all.'
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre