'Cannabis enthusiast' with interest in different strains appears in court
- Credit: Google Maps
A 'cannabis enthusiast' has been given a suspended prison sentence after being caught trying to buy £3,370-worth of the drug.
Edgarq Ozols, 23, of Drifters Way, Great Yarmouth, was found to have been trying to buy the drug on his phone during a raid at Raglan Street, Lowestoft.
Ozols, admitted being concerned in the supply of cannabis between March 2 and March 9, 2019 at Ipswich Crown Court.
He was given a nine-month prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, and ordered to do 120 hours of unpaid work.
Andrew Thompson, for Ozols, said his client was a cannabis "enthusiast" who took an interest in different strains of the drug and sold it to fellow enthusiasts.
You may also want to watch:
He accepted Ozols planned to sell the drug at a profit and would have used the money to fund his own cannabis use.
He said Ozols was due to have started a new job as a painter and decorator but this had been thwarted by the latest national lockdown.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 4 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 5 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 8 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 9 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
He said Ozol”s life had moved on in a positive way since the offence, which was committed nearly two years ago.