Canoe holiday scheme set for expansion
VISITING the Broads will be made easier after plans to add a new mooring on the Waveney were given the go ahead.The Broads Authority will create an “easy access” mooring on Shipmeadow marshes, near Beccles.
VISITING the Broads will be made easier after plans to add a new mooring on the Waveney were given the go ahead.
The Broads Authority will create an “easy access” mooring on Shipmeadow marshes, near Beccles. It will include two fishing platforms, a launch site for canoes and a new path and fence.
Disabled people will be able to access both the fishing areas and the mooring, which will be 30m wide, and will also be able to use the existing public footbridge over the river which would link up with the new path.
The area is already used for fishing but is otherwise isolated and the Broads Authority hopes to open it up for the public to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
In a report given to the authority's planning committee, planning officer Jenny Mills said: “The proposal seeks to provide access and enhancements for users to enjoy quiet recreation at a very rural location. The scheme is likely to provide wider social inclusion to an area of the Broads used for quiet recreation.”
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars