Car dealer to go the extra mile
- Credit: Archant
A car dealer and complete newcomer to running will be going the extra mile later this month to boost a worthy cause.
Paul Barkshire, director at Lings Honda in Lowestoft, will be running the London Marathon on April 23, aiming to raise £10,000 for Children with Cancer UK.
The 54 year-old did not originally relish the thought of running – but now he is regularly spotted running around his hometown of Attleborough and has entered several official smaller races as he prepares for the 26-mile marathon.
Children with Cancer UK is the leading national children's charity dedicated to the fight against childhood cancer.
Mr Barkshire said: 'It's an amazing charity that I'm so proud to have been chosen to represent. We all have personal stories of both the young and old being affected by this awful illness and as a parent, and now a grandparent, you can't help but be moved and touched by the stories of resilience and love from beneficiaries of the charity.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a big fund-raising target I'm aiming for but this will make a huge difference. Any amount, no matter how small, will mean the world to me personally and to the charity. Together, I know we can smash the target and then it's just down to on me to deliver on the running!'
You can sponsor Mr Barkshire via www.justgiving.com/owner-email/pleasesponsor/Paul-Barkshire Alternatively, you can visit him at Lings Honda on Riverside Road, Lowestoft and pledge support.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'