Arsonist torches car on residential street
- Credit: Archant
A car was destroyed after erupting into flames during an arson attack.
Police officers say a 'small container of accelerant', or a substance used to aid the spread of fire, was thrown into the back of a parked car on Edgerton Road in Lowestoft, smashing the window and causing 'significant fire damage to the vehicle'.
The Volkswagen Golf was parked on the town road, with nobody inside, when it was damaged at some time between Sunday, March 8 and Monday, March 9.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Constabulary said: 'Officers are appealing for witnesses after an arson in Lowestoft.
'Offender/s threw a small container of accelerant into the back of a parked Volkswagen Golf car, smashing the window and causing significant fire damage to the vehicle. Nobody was in the vehicle and nobody was injured.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who saw anything suspicious or who has any information are asked to contact Suffolk Police quoting reference 37/15119/20.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft