Road blocked after car flips onto its side in early morning crash
- Credit: Archant
This was the dramatic scene after a car flipped over onto its side in Lowestoft.
The incident, on Norwich Road near Clemence Street, happened at around 6.30am on July 2, with the car left with a smashed windscreen and a broken headlight.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: 'We were called shortly after 6.35am on Monday, July 2, following reports of a single vehicle road traffic collision in Clemence Street, Lowestoft.
'The car was reported to be on its side. The ambulance service was called and the fire service was subsequently called.
'The road was blocked at Rotterdam Road, before recovery was called at about 7.45am. Highways were also called because there was reported to be some oil on the road.'
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service said: 'We were called at 6.35am on Monday to reports of a road traffic collision at the junction of Norwich Road and Sandringham Road, Lowestoft.
'A rapid response vehicle and ambulance officer attended. No patients required treatment.'
• You can keep up with all the latest travel information via our live traffic map.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment