Road blocked after car flips onto its side in early morning crash
- Credit: Archant
This was the dramatic scene after a car flipped over onto its side in Lowestoft.
The incident, on Norwich Road near Clemence Street, happened at around 6.30am on July 2, with the car left with a smashed windscreen and a broken headlight.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: 'We were called shortly after 6.35am on Monday, July 2, following reports of a single vehicle road traffic collision in Clemence Street, Lowestoft.
'The car was reported to be on its side. The ambulance service was called and the fire service was subsequently called.
'The road was blocked at Rotterdam Road, before recovery was called at about 7.45am. Highways were also called because there was reported to be some oil on the road.'
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service said: 'We were called at 6.35am on Monday to reports of a road traffic collision at the junction of Norwich Road and Sandringham Road, Lowestoft.
'A rapid response vehicle and ambulance officer attended. No patients required treatment.'
• You can keep up with all the latest travel information via our live traffic map.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew