'Wowsers' - Car falls off transporter while travelling through Lowestoft
- Credit: Lowestoft police
A car has fallen off a transporter while driving on a busy Lowestoft road.
Police found the Vauxhall Corsa on Victoria Road in the town on Wednesday, July 27, after it fell from a transporter lorry.
But seemingly the fall was not noticed by the truck driver who continued on his way without noticing he had lost a car.
No one was injured in the incident.
A police spokesman wrote on Facebook: "Sometimes I forget my keys, sometimes I forget to buy milk, on the odd occasion I forget to feed the dog in the morning, but wowsers this driver really has had a nightmare.
"The transporter didn’t stop and continued on its journey unaware one of his Jenga pieces had fallen off.
"If there ever is a Convoy remake and I really hope there is, I don’t think Kris Kristofferson is going to have any competition for the role with this driver."
- 1 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 2 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 3 Thieves in white van flee with items left 'unattended' in alleyway
- 4 Three men arrested after 'unofficial Supermarket Sweep' in town centre
- 5 New fully vegan café to open in Lowestoft
- 6 Escaped snake 'under house arrest' after being reunited with owner
- 7 Go-ahead for kiosks to be unveiled in historic market area
- 8 Missing Ipswich teenager found, police confirm
- 9 Charity match boosts worthy cause after man's life-saving surgery
- 10 Ahoy me hearties! All smiles as popular playpark reopens
Officers are now looking for anyone who saw the incident to contact them via www.suffolk.police.uk quoting CAD SC-27072022-183.