Car with smashed window winched out of water
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are appealing for information following an incident which saw a car winched out of the water in Oulton Broad.
A spokesman for the police said they were called to reports of a silver Toyota Yaris in the water at the Yacht Station, Oulton Broad.
She added: 'The fire service was called for assistance and the car was winched out of the water and back onto the land.
'A search was made but no-one was found inside the car.'
A crime of interference with a motor vehicle has been recorded by police after it was discovered to have a smashed window when it was found in the water.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'We attended and used the Unimog [a specialised truck for water rescues] to remove the vehicle.'
The Environment Agency was also called due to what was believed to be a petrol leak from the car.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
Anyone who saw anything suspicious or has any information can contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting the crime reference number 37/35304/18.