Car with smashed window winched out of water
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are appealing for information following an incident which saw a car winched out of the water in Oulton Broad.
A spokesman for the police said they were called to reports of a silver Toyota Yaris in the water at the Yacht Station, Oulton Broad.
She added: 'The fire service was called for assistance and the car was winched out of the water and back onto the land.
'A search was made but no-one was found inside the car.'
A crime of interference with a motor vehicle has been recorded by police after it was discovered to have a smashed window when it was found in the water.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'We attended and used the Unimog [a specialised truck for water rescues] to remove the vehicle.'
The Environment Agency was also called due to what was believed to be a petrol leak from the car.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 9 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
Anyone who saw anything suspicious or has any information can contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting the crime reference number 37/35304/18.