Gas cylinder causes static caravan to catch fire
- Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station
Firefighters from Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to a holiday park on Friday morning after a gas cylinder caused a static caravan to catch fire.
Crews from Lowestoft South Fire Station and Lowestoft North Fire Station were called at 6.47am to Broadland Sands Caravan Park in Corton, Suffolk.
Three hose reels were used to extinguish the fire and fire fighters were at the scene for around 45 minutes.
No one was hurt or injured in the blaze.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service attended a static caravan fire this morning at Broadland Sands Caravan Park.
"Crews used three hose reels to extinguish the fire and ensure the surrounding area was made safe.
"A gas cylinder that was involved in the fire was also recovered and made safe."
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs
- 3 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 4 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 5 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 6 Council to tackle exposed oil on beach after 1978 tanker spill
- 7 Bid to demolish care home and build new one rejected
- 8 Lockdown Covid breach and vehicles seized on 'busy day of action'
- 9 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 10 Suffolk schools to be ready for March 8 return of all pupils
The incident had been dealt with just before 7.30am.