Car fire on residential street is ‘suspected arson’
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were on alert to deal with a blaze after an abandoned car was found well alight on a residential street.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service mobilised one vehicle yesterday evening at around 10.20pm, after multiple reports stated a vehicle on Tonning Street in Lowestoft was on fire. Suffolk Constabulary was also called to the scene.
Upon arrival, crews discovered that the car in question was a black Hyundai and extinguished the blaze using a hose reel jet. The scene was considered safe at 10.39pm.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: 'We were called at around 10.30pm last night to reports of a car on fire on Tonning Street, off Trafalgar Street.
'The car was found to be a black Hyundai Getz and it is a suspected arson incident.'
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the cause of the fire will be carried out in due course.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 9 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?